Archive for the Category ‘Community’

Familiar face, new place

Familiar face, new place

Former McNary teacher, coach Erik Jespersen will take over as next MHS principal

Numerous resignations draw attention of S-K School Board

Numerous resignations draw attention of S-K School Board

By HERB SWETT For the Keizertimes A number of resignations and retirements at Keizer schools and the district at large sparked concern from members of the Salem-Keizer School Board and audience members at the board meeting Tuesday, July 15. Board Member Nancy MacMorris-Adix expressed concern at the numbers of resignations. Assistant Superintendent Ken Parshall noted […]

Boss recalls Knupp

Boss recalls Knupp

By CRAIG MURPHY Of the Keizertimes As days turned to weeks, Robert Allen Knupp’s co-workers held out hope. After the 54-year-old Keizerite was reported missing on June 8, his co-workers at Garten Services Inc. in Salem kept looking for him. “His co-workers have been great,” Garten CEO Tim Rocak said. “People really rallied to try […]

What’s in a name?

What’s in a name?

For Keizer author, the very nature of the divine

Julius Caesar starts next week

Julius Caesar starts next week

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend Keizer Homegrown your ears

Agenda for Keizer City Council meeting

Agenda for Keizer City Council meeting

Monday, July 21 at 7 p.m.

Wanted: owner of this chicken

Wanted: owner of this chicken

By CRAIG MURPHY Of the Keizertimes Rusty Funk was walking by the dumpster at her apartment one day last month when she saw something out of the ordinary. “My son was here, so I told him to come look,” Funk said. “I told him, ‘You’ve got to help me catch a chicken.’” Initially, Funk didn’t […]

Keizertimes to live stream Oregon gubernatorial debate

Keizertimes to live stream Oregon gubernatorial debate

The Keizertimes will join several Oregon newspapers in live streaming Friday’s gubernatorial debate between incumbent John Kitzhaber and Dennis Richardson. The debate is scheduled to begin at 10:15 a.m. Friday, and will only be broadcasted live online. The video feed is provided by KATU television of Portland.

At-risk students make unexpected gains in transition school

At-risk students make unexpected gains in transition school

By ERIC A. HOWALD Of the Keizertimes Jesus Monrroy had a leg up on his classmates when he started at McNary High School as a freshman three years ago. “I had the discipline to get assignments in on time. The bell schedules were also a big part of it because you want to get to […]

The president will see you…

The president will see you…

By ERIC A. HOWALD Of the Keizertimes In the scant month since finishing his junior year at McNary High School, Ryan Edsall has taken a stab at solving the problem of homelessness, attempted to alleviate the strains on the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs, been elected a senator and is on his way to meeting […]

ADVERTISEMENT

Copyright (c) 2010 Keizertimes / Wheatland Publishing. Created by Born Invincible Design.