Archive for the Category ‘Community’

Fire board douses Big Toy

Fire board douses Big Toy

By ERIC A. HOWALD/Of the Keizertimes The Keizer Fire Board denied a request to pony up $7,000 for the Big Toy at Keizer Rapids Park at its meeting Tuesday, March 18. Director Joe Van Meter was the most adamant in his denial. “I am never going to vote for using tax money […]

Sunday Market a no-go

Sunday Market a no-go

By CRAIG MURPHY/Of the Keizertimes There was a new location and the funding was in place. But there wasn’t the vendor interest to try a second year of the Keizer Sunday Market. As such, the farmers market will not be happening in 2014. Salem Saturday Market officials started the Keizer market […]

Homegrown Theatre readies first musical

Homegrown Theatre readies first musical

I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change opens March 20

MHS actors will take you to Almost, Maine

MHS actors will take you to Almost, Maine

By ERIC A. HOWALD Of the Keizertimes Who do you call to heal a broken heart? Is it possible to recapture lost love? Do opposites actually attract? What happens when any of those scenarios play out? Those are a few of the questions pondered in Almost, Maine. The McNary High School drama department is staging […]

Who ya gonna call?

Who ya gonna call?

By ERIC A. HOWALD Of the Keizertimes My personal stance on the paranormal is best summed up by the poster that hung on the office wall of Fox Mulder in The X-Files. It’s a blurry photo of a purported UFO with the words “I want to believe.” That’s what puts me in the empty […]

Second annual Pinot for the Parks fundraiser set for Friday

Second annual Pinot for the Parks fundraiser set for Friday

By CRAIG MURPHY Of the Keizertimes Drink wine, support the playground. That’s the general idea behind the Keizer Parks Foundation’s second annual Pinot for the Parks fundraiser, taking place from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, March 14. The event will be at Keizer Civic Center, 930 Chemawa Road NE. City councilor Marlene Quinn, a foundation […]

Photo Gallery: Keizer Young Life spring auction

Photo Gallery: Keizer Young Life spring auction

Keizer Young Life held its annual spring auction on Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at the Keizer Civic Center. About 250 people enjoyed food prepared by local restaurants. The live auction was conducted by Sid Vorhees; attendees bid on 12 items which collectively raised over $13,000. Young Life will use the money to send kids to […]

Photo Gallery: Marion Co. Fire District No. 1 Volunteer Firefighters Breakfast

Photo Gallery: Marion Co. Fire District No. 1 Volunteer Firefighters Breakfast

Getting their grub on… The 54th annual Marion County Fire District No. 1 Volunteer Firefighters Breakfast took place March 8 and 9 at MCFD Station 5 in Brooks.

Photo Gallery: McNary Knight of Arts 2014

Photo Gallery: McNary Knight of Arts 2014

MHS goes renaissance for Knight of Arts The McNary High School fine arts department raised more than $29,000 at its annual Knight of Arts gala, March 8. The total includes money set aside for $5,000 in scholarships for current McNary students, but doesn’t include two donated guitars – one from the event’s oral auction and […]

Agenda for Keizer City Council meeting

Agenda for Keizer City Council meeting

CITY OF KEIZER MISSION STATEMENT  KEEP CITY GOVERNMENT COSTS AND SERVICES TO A MINIMUM BY PROVIDING CITY SERVICES TO THE COMMUNITY IN A COORDINATED, EFFICIENT, AND LEAST COST FASHION  AGENDA  KEIZER CITY COUNCIL  REGULAR SESSION  Monday, March 17, 2014  7:00 p.m.  Robert L. Simon Council Chambers  Keizer, Oregon    1. CALL TO ORDER    […]

ADVERTISEMENT

Copyright (c) 2010 Keizertimes / Wheatland Publishing. Created by Born Invincible Design.