Archive for the Category ‘Community’

Little library posted in West Keizer

Little library posted in West Keizer

By CRAIG MURPHY Of the Keizertimes The first time Carol Doerfler saw one, she was intrigued. “I remember seeing one and thinking, ‘What is that?’” she said. Doerfler, a longtime active member of the West Keizer Neighborhood Association, later saw a story about a Little Free Library in South Salem and realized that was the […]

National Night Out is Aug. 4

National Night Out is Aug. 4

In partnership with the National Association of Town Watch, the Keizer Police Department will be co-sponsoring the 31st annual National Night Out event citywide on Tuesday, Aug. 4 from 6 to 9 p.m. More than 34 million people in more than 15,000 communities throughout the country will join forces to promote police-community partnerships, crime, drug […]

The Lesson of “WOW”

The Lesson of “WOW”

By ERIC A. HOWALD Of the Keizertimes Sandra Krause breathed a sigh of relief when admissions officers at a naval academy rejected her application. “It was like being on the edge of a cliff,” Krause said. “They turned me down, but it meant I could pursue what was in my heart and soul, which was […]

RIVERfair promises fun activities for all

RIVERfair promises fun activities for all

RIVERfair 2015 will offer a variety of activities and entertainment on Saturday, Aug. 8, at Keizer Rapids Park. The RIVERfair Pet Parade, sponsored by Copper Creek Mercantile, begins at 11 a.m. The parade will end at the Upper Course Stage where the Golden Bone Awards will be presented. The Mayor’s and President’s 1Award will be […]

Keizer City Council meeting

Keizer City Council meeting

Monday, August 3, at 7:00 p.m.

Keizer youth remembered, 10 years later

Keizer youth remembered, 10 years later

By CRAIG MURPHY Of the Keizertimes It warms Brandy Thomas’ heart to know her son is still remembered. About 50 friends and family members came to the Best Western Mill Creek Inn in Salem on July 18 to commemorate the 10-year passing of Justin Wood. Justin was 14 at the time, preparing for his freshman […]

All-male choir festival planned

All-male choir festival planned

By ERIC A. HOWALD Of the Keizertimes Times have changed, but the idea of a young men involved with choir still brings to mind a range of stereotypes. “Even today, in 2015, a lot of young men have a lot of pressures when it comes to being involved in the arts, and especially in singing. […]

Come spend a night among the fairy-folk

Come spend a night among the fairy-folk

KHT’s Dream hits KRP stage

Agenda for Keizer City Council meeting

Agenda for Keizer City Council meeting

Monday, July 20 at 7 p.m.

Cooking up adult foster care in Keizer

Cooking up adult foster care in Keizer

By CRAIG MURPHY Of the Keizertimes The front door is purple for a reason. After all, purple was Mavis Wellin’s favorite color. This particular front door is at the new Apple Blossom Manor, an adult foster home at 289 Apple Blossom Avenue N in Keizer. The home is operated by Sharon Cook, who is having […]

ADVERTISEMENT

Copyright (c) 2010 Keizertimes / Wheatland Publishing. Created by Born Invincible Design.