MHS concessions ready again

Facebook Twitter Email
KEIZERTIMES/File photo

KEIZERTIMES/File photo

By CRAIG MURPHY
Of the Keizertimes

Ron Richards knows students and parents aren’t happy about the latest of the break-ins at the Flesher Field concession stand at McNary High School.

The athletic director at MHS also knows he’ll get an earful if the concession stand is closed during a varsity football game.

Thus, when the Celts host McKay High School Friday evening at 7 p.m., the concession stand will be open.

The hope is recent security measures will keep the stand closed after the game is over.

The stand was broken into for a fifth time within the last couple of years, sometime after a JV football game on Sept. 19. The damage was discovered on Sept. 22. Since then school leaders and Salem-Keizer School District officials have been talking about what steps to take next.

“The thing about it is we get a couple thousand people every football game,” Richards said. “We have big track meets in the spring. It’s a big thing for the McNary Booster Club. When it’s not open, I hear about it from the fans. They are expecting to be able to buy food or buy some McNary gear.”

Richards said “a number of things” have been done, including the addition of motion sensor lighting and more reinforcement inside the stand since the latest incident.

Print Print

ADVERTISEMENT

Copyright (c) 2010 Keizertimes / Wheatland Publishing. Created by Born Invincible Design.