Volunteers are needed for these City of Keizer committees:
• The Planning Commission assists the city council in land use decisions and recommendations regarding the city’s future growth, development and beautification. They meet at 6 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month.
• The Festival and Events Services Team is a new group that will research devleopment of venues, streamline policies and ordinances for potential events, develop an all-inclusive community calendar and a marketing plan.
• The Keizer Points of Interest committee identifies, authenticates and memorializes local sites of interest in the Keizer area. They meet at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month.
• Stormwater Advisory Committee – Reviews guidelines and makes recommendations on ordinances pertaining to illicit discharge detection and elimination, stormwater runoff control and stormwater management. Development or building experience preferred, but not required. Meetings scheduled when necessary.
• The Parks Advisory Board reviews and studies issues involving development and maintenance of city parks. It meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m.
You can apply by visiting www.keizer.org, calling 503-390-3700 or writing a letter to City Recorder Tracy Davis. Applications are due April 9.